GET READY TO RIDE
Plan your day
You’re in for the ride that matters! All the essential information is here to help make your day roll smoothly.
The Finishers' Village
You did it! Now it's time to rest, recover and celebrate at the Brisbane to Gold Coast Cycle for Cancer Finishers' Village. Stay and enjoy a coffee, delicious offerings from the food trucks or relax in the beer garden with your cycling buddies recounting a great ride.
Food and refreshments
Enjoy a post-ride coffee, refreshing cool drink and hearty feed from one of our many food and beverage vendors overlooking the sparkling waters and golden beach of the Gold Coast.
Reward your staff and customers and make the finish line extra special with our dedicated corporate packages which include VIP finish line benefits.
Contact us here for more details
Did you go the extra mile? Fundraise over $750 to receive additional rewards including access to our exclusive Honour Roll VIP Finishers' Zone with refreshments and recovery support.
Relax with family and friends
There is no need to hurry home. Your family and friends can cheer you across the finish line then soak in the atmosphere of the Finishers' Village.
We want the event to be fun and safe for everybody. Please ensure you follow the below safety procedures:
- Ensure your bike is serviced and in good working order prior to the start
- Seed yourself in the correct starting wave and ride to your own ability
- Listen for announcements and follow directions from event officials
- Only go to the start line when directed by officials
- Keep LEFT at all times unless passing to allow faster riders to pass safely. Road rules still apply at all times
- Marshals will also be around on the day to direct you to the correct assembly zone
- If you need to stop, please move to the left and be mindful of other participants riding behind you
- The use of headphones or other listening devices is strictly forbidden
- First aid will be located on course and at the Start Line and Finishers' Village
- The use of mobile phones while cycling is strictly forbidden, any riders caught using their mobile phone while cycling can expect a hefty fine from police
- Mobile bike mechanics will be roaming along the course and assist where available, but all riders should be prepared to be self sufficient throughout the ride
- On course sweeper vehicle/s will patrol the course, any riders collected will be ferried to the next rest stop when able to do so
The start and finish lines are located close to bus and train stations.
Within Brisbane, standard scheduled public transport services are available with bikes allowed on trains. Please check Translink to see if your local bus route allows bikes.
Plan your trip using Translink's Journey Planner.
Please note pre-booked B2GC trains from the Gold Coast to South Brisbane are now sold out.
Getting to the start
We strongly encourage participants to ride to the start line in South Brisbane, with lots of bike paths and cycle lanes taking riders direct to the start location.
For more info on getting to the start line head to our 'Rider Information' page and select your distance.
Changed traffic conditions
There will be a number of changed traffic conditions in place during the event, including scheduled road closures. To view these click here. Please plan ahead.
Road closures may be subject to change.
Brisbane to Gold Coast Cycle for Cancer may see some roads temporarily closed or restricted during the event. A full list of impacted roads will be provided to the public in the lead up to the event in August.