Staying COVID Safe
Over the past months, we have been working closely with Queensland Health to plan a COVID safe event, to ensure you can have fun whilst still staying safe.
What we are doing
We are managing the event under an endorsed Queensland Government COVID Safe Event Plan and implementing some key changes to make the event safe and fun for everyone.
Some of the things we are doing include:
- Closing more roads so you can take to the street with more space around you
- We have separated the start and finish venues to reduce crowding
- There will be expanded wave times and new arrival windows give everyone more space
- We are collecting every participants detail as part of registration to allow for contact tracing, if required
Additionally, there will be:
- Increased cleaning, hygiene and handwashing facilities
- COVID safe activities and entertainment
- Medics located at the Start Line, Finisher’s Village and on course
What you can do
Stay home if unwell
- Stay home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste, diarrhoea &/or nausea/vomiting.
Stay home if in the last 14 days you have
- Been in a declared COVID-19 hotspot
- Travelled overseas
- Been in contact with someone with COVID-19
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Required to be in hotel quarantine or isolation
- Been tested for COVID-19 and awaiting the result
Maintain social distancing
- Keep 1.5m between yourself and others
Wash your hands regularly
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitiser where provided.
Download the COVID safe app
- Download and run the Federal Government’s official COVIDSafe app
What happens if the event is cancelled due to COVID-19?
If the event is cancelled due to COVID 19 restrictions we will offer you a number of options, including:
- Transfer your registration to our RACQ International Women’s Day Fun Run virtual event (launching soon!)
- Transfer your registration fee to a donation and support women with breast cancer.
- Refund of your registration fee
If there is any significant change that affects all participants, our team will contact you via email or SMS.