We are giving participants more space at the start line and on course as part of our COVID safe event plan!
See below the arrival windows based on whether you chose to Walk, Jog, or Run.
We ask that you help us to provide more space by arriving within your arrival window and follow all directions from COVID safety marshalls.
Closer to the event date, we will be in touch with more details about how you can help to make the day safe for everyone, including arrival timings.
For more details on the event, visit the event information page.
Sunday, 7th March 2021
5:45am - 6:15am
6.30am - 7:15am
7:30am - 8:30am
Finishers' Village and competitions
Enjoy the beautiful City Botanical Gardens and relax after the event. Grab a coffee and bite to eat, and check out the amazing competitions and activities provided by our partners.
Grab your latest pink merchandise at the Mater Chicks In Pink Merchandise shop with proceeds supporting Chicks in Pink services.
National Storage baggage tent
As part of our COVID safe event plan, we will not be offering a baggage tent at the 2021 event. We advise our participants:
- Only bring what you need
- Ensure any items are small and can be safely carried on course
- Water is accessible at water stations on course and the RACQ Hydration Station at the Finisher’s Village
RACQ Tribute Wall
Are you running or walking in memory of a mother, sister, daughter, aunt or friend? Are you taking part to support the 53 people^ diagnosed with breast cancer each year? You can honour your special someone during the event and at the RACQ Tribute Wall in the Finishers' Village.
Tribute cards will be posted in your kit if you let us know during registration.
Wear your Tribute Card during the race, share your message on the Virtual Tribute Wall, and let everyone know that in our sea of pink, ‘We walk today to change tomorrow'.
Event day travel
We are giving participants more space at the start line and on course as part of our COVID safe event plan by offering a 5km course with separate start and finish lines.
Grey Street, Southbank
Please note, only toilets, first aid and an Information Tent are located at the start line. Head to the Finisher’s Village for catering and activations.
City Botanic Gardens
Royal Palm Lawn, Corner of Edward and Alice Street
The start and finish line are located close to bus and train stations.
Participants receive FREE public transport on all Qld Rail trains and Brisbane Transport buses on event day until 3pm.
Parking details being released late January - please check back soon!
Pedal and feet power
Why not walk or ride to the event? Bicycles can be secured at public bike racks at South Bank, in the Botanic Gardens and surrounding streets.
Changed traffic conditions
There are a number of changed traffic conditions in place during the event, including scheduled road closures. Road closures will be available closer to event day. Please plan ahead.
Water stations and toilets
RACQ Hydration Station
Bring your refillable water bottle and quench your thirst at the RACQ Hydration Station in the Finishers' Village.
Don’t want to run with a water bottle? No worries, there will be compostable cups available at the station.
Located on course at Queen Street and River Terrace.
Portable toilets will be located in the Start Line and Finisher’s Village. Additional toilets are available on course.
We want the event to be fun and safe for everybody. Please ensure you follow the below safety procedures:
- Bikes or scooters are not permitted on course.
- Listen for announcements and follow directions from event officials.
- Only go to the start line when directed by officials.
- Walkers to remain behind runners to allow them an unobstructed start.
- Runners with strollers should assemble at the back of their designated zone (check out the precinct signage if you’re not sure where to go).
- Marshals will also be around on the day to direct you to the correct assembly zone.
- Keep LEFT at all times unless passing.
- Runners who find they need to stop or walk, please move to the left and be mindful of other participants running behind you.
- We strongly recommend headphones are not worn during the event so you can hear and fully understand all special instructions and announcements.
- First aid will be located on course and at the Start Line and Finishers' Village.
Our below highest fundraisers and place getters will receive awards. Details on distributing awards will be available closer to the event.
Presentations will be presented to:
- Top three highest individual fundraisers
- Highest fundraising corporate team
- Highest fundraising friends and family team
- Highest fundraising school team
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall - Male and Female