My Activity Tracking
I am taking on Mount Everest in 2023!
In 2023 I'm taking on 2 extreme fitness challenges.
1. On the 4th of March I will attempt to cycle up Mount Everest. Well to be exact, I will be attempting an "everesting" which involves riding up 1 hill enough times to reach the equivalent height of Mount Everest: 8,849m.
You can read more about everesting here: https://everesting.cc/
The specific hill that I will ride is Berowra Waters West (https://www.strava.com/segments/610367), which is a 3.5k climb at a 5.8% gradient. It will take me ~45 laps amounting to ~300km and will take estimated 15-16 hours of cycling time plus ~1 hour of break time.
2. Plus in November I will be taking on the Noosa Triathlon (1.8km swim, 40km bike and 10km run).
Why am I doing this crazy thing?
- I'm raising money for research into the causes, prevention and treatment of various types of cancer including melanoma, prostate, breast and ovarian cancers.
The charity is Mater. Their research has a national and international impact and has driven tangible impacts in immunology, anti-cancer vaccines, the finessing of new drugs and exploration of new ways to lessen the side effects of cancer research.
Since 2006, Mater Smiling for Smiddy has contributed over $13 million through cyclists and triathletes and their support networks using their passion for sport to help fight cancer.
Adam Smiddy was a physiotheraipist and triathlete who passed away in 2006 from Melanoma. Smiling for Smiddy was established by his friends and family in his honour.
- Why not give myself an exciting challenge and enjoy a big day of riding with friends and family.
How can you get involved?
1. You can donate the great cause here: https://fundraise.mater.org.au/fundraisers/adamsmagarinsky. Any donation is highly appreciated!
Join me on the day. Bring your bike and see how many reps you can do. Who knows maybe you can do your own Everesting? More information closer to the date!
Thank you to my Sponsors
You’re immense smags <3
Go big smags
Smags you’re a weapon!!! Amazing achievement!
What a beast! And a great cause
Good luck mate
Go get it you beast. For the playlist: Never Going Under - Circa Waves
Well done, mate. True champ!!
How are you gonna fuel all this exercise without carbs
Smash it Smags!!!
I want to see you sweat boi
Gettem legend. Use those huge calves of yours
Albert & Elina Smagarinsky
We're so proud of you!!!
buy yourself some banana bread with this